Blog Archive

Sunday 19 March 2023

"March"ing On

Well this month is "March"ing on relentlessly. We are only just getting to grips with the seed sowing and today onions and broad beans have gone in.

On our visit today the sky was so blue, even the compost heaps looked good. I am pleased to say they are decomposing nicely. Corncockle have seeded in front. It will be quite a sight when they flower.

The pulmonaria is in full flower ... a startling electric blue.

And the helleborus is looking good.

The rhubarb has come on in leaps and bounds. We should be able to harvest some this year.
 

The new grass path has thickened up very well. I hope to let it grow wild this year.

My main job was to create the new fairy garden, still in the old renovated trailer. The path has a layer of sand with crushed seashells on top. The edges are lined with glass pebbles.


The bricks in shade, around the garden, have sprouted a great deal of moss so I have used it to soften the edges.


I had a good inspection of the fairy garden components and decided quite a few of them need a fresh look. I brought the house home for some new thatch. The birds tend to peck at it for nesting material.
 
 
Elsewhere around the garden I heard a frog plop into the pond.  Looking at the sturdy willow, next time I will cut some for the next batch of wands.
 
The honeysuckle is twining its way along the tortoise run fencing.
The forsythia is budding up nicely.
This shrub is largely out of fashion these days but I love that splash of gold.

Happy Mothers Day to any mums reading this blog.
This vase of camellias is in memory of my own Mum.
 





 


 

1 comment:

  1. Everything looking very tidy! I was just saying this morning that I’m going to take a forsythia cutting because there’s not much about these days. It’s a cheerful sight during these dull days and I’m sure the bees appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete