Blog Archive

Monday 6 March 2023

Pastel Eggs and Cheerful Chickens

March has arrived but very few signs of spring .... in fact we are due for some snow tomorrow.

Steve and I went for a walk yesterday in the nearby woods and found not one wild flower. This time last year the wood anemones were out. We were a little upset to see our favourite bluebell walk in such a state. I know the purpose of coppicing but this all seems a shame in this beautiful part of the woods.

I have started my seed sowing but all is safely inside the propagator.

Now on a more cheerful note, here are my latest crafts.

Seeing as the Valentine worry worms and soft hearts went down so well at the school, I tried some Easter items .... pompom keyrings and pastel worry worms. Hopefully there will be a fund-raiser at the school for the end of term.

 


I found a very simple crochet pattern for an egg and having sorted out a box of pastel wool, proceeded to make some. I didn`t seem to be able to stop myself.

I decorated them with daisies, flower sequins and tiny pearls.

Each one has a silver thread to hang it by.


 

Another pattern I remembered from years ago was a knitted chicken that fits over a chocolate cream egg. After trying the knitting and not being so keen, I made up a similar pattern in crochet, using multi-coloured wool.

Here is the result.

I have yet to ascertain that a cream egg actually fits inside but they are on the shopping list. If necessary I will thread cord elastic round the base.

The egg pattern comes from

ZEENS AND ROGER.
 


2 comments:

  1. Coppicing looks too destructive and unnatural but ‘they’ say it’s good for the trees/woodland so who am I to disagree 😕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you entirely.

    ReplyDelete