Blog Archive

Thursday 17 August 2023

Harvest Home

The harvesting is well under way. It`s a very exciting time but one where we have to think carefully where all the produce is going.

Will it be frozen? 

Will it be jam? 


Will family members want some?

Will friends want some?


Or will we eat it?

 

 
 
Today we picked the plums. It was a great crop but we needed a ladder to get a lot of them. One branch has split under the weight and will have to be pruned back.

Quite a few campers had a tasty treat but maybe not such a tasty treat when the plum had a grub in it!!


 
This afternoon I have made a second lot of plum jam. It sets very easily. De-stoning is a bit fiddly. My sister leaves the stones in and then ladles them out. Maybe I will try that next.

The pumpkins are ripening early. I don`t know why.



Steve has dug up potatoes and I`ve bunched up statice to sell.

At the end of today this was our kitchen table.

 


Tomato chutney tomorrow I think plus some more jam.


 


1 comment: