Blog Archive

Monday 15 April 2024

Pincushions and Green Tables

Just recently my 14 year old great-nephew pulled my pincushion apart (with my consent, I hasten to add.)

It has been my intention to do it for some time. 

In the end he pulled out 165 needles, some embedded inside and not found until it was actually dismantled.

It was great to see some of my favourite needles come to light once more.

Here is my new pincushion with some fairly appropriate fabric.I have not put all the needles back in!!

 

We are still decluttering, most of which involves making decisions. We had a lovely wooden tray but its too heavy for general use. We decided to turn it into a table. It will sit between our adirondak chairs as we watch the sun go down, probably holding our wine glasses.

I am currently coming to the end of an extensive project for a new baby in the family, due in May. It is a crochet blanket backed with fleece. I hope the baby will be able to kick around on it in the garden.

As I was finishing sewing strips together, we watched this bluetit pinching the string holding my clematis shoots up. I`m not sure how it could see to fly away.


 The local woods are lovely as always ..... bluebells, anemones, celandines and primroses in swathes, as well as foxgloves and campions to come. I have walked in these woods all my life and it is right next to our house. It is also very close to the garden at the farm.




 
How lucky are we.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new pin cushion and the blanket too you are very clever with th your hands well done Jen and yes you are very lucky to be a n a lovely part of the country enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete