Blog Archive

Sunday 13 October 2024

Bees and Boogie Woogie

We are making the most of these days and it seems like the insects have the same idea. We have seen butterfiles and bees out and about today, despite cooler weather. They are loving the Michaelmus daisies.

We have had our first frost albeit very mild.

There are so many jobs to do, it is quite hard to decide where to start. But start we did.

I completed the first flowerbed ... full of weeds and unfortunately couch grass. I got out as much as I could find.

 

 
Only four more flower beds to go !!! But they all still look lovely.

Next I continued with the barn path which is like a jungle.

Ferns, brambles, nettles, comfrey, angelica, buttercups, willowherb, elder seedlings.

I suppose I cleared a third of it, saving all the good things..

Steve started at the other end after having cleared one side of the polytunnel, ready for broad beans.

We had a delightful teabreak in glorious sunshine, during which I broke up some rotten wood to burn.

My final job was another section of raised bed, whilst Steve sieved our own compost.


Lots of flowers still looking good.

Tithonia which has taken its time this year.
Dahlias from seed still going strong.



Boogie Woogie which I moaned about earlier in the year, as Steve keeps reminding me. There`s nothing to moan about now.

Salvia "Amstrad"

All in all it was a very productive morning.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment