Blog Archive

Thursday 10 October 2024

Flowers Green Nursery

My niece Hazel introduced me to this nursery. I thought I knew most nurseries in a radius round our home but this one was a most pleasant surprise. Our first visit was earlier in the year.

Today our aim was to stock up on plants for a new area we are developing in our front garden. Whilst redesigning I did save quite a few of the original plants, splitting and dividing. And we have a new rose which was an anniversary present and two hydrangeas. But we need more. 

The colour theme is manifesting itself .... pinks and deep reds, including foliage.

I tried to keep focussed but oh my goodness it was so easy to be distracted and there were a few impulse buys.

Here is just part of the range to choose from.

 



It was drizzling but we didn`t care. 
I think it was Robert who came to help us. He runs the nursery. A very nice, helpful and knowledgeable man.
Oh we had a lovely time making our decisions.
 
I love this nursery.
The plants are healthy, strong and such a choice.
We chose low growing asters, salvias, heucheras, cyclamen, veronicas.
The prices are VERY GOOD.
 
In the uncovered area there was a spectacular pumpkin display.

 


And an amazing array of violas and pansies.
 
 

We loaded our purchases into the car .....
 
..... and set off for home feeling very happy.



I highly recommend this lovely nursery. 
We will be back.
 
Flowers Green Nursery,
Church Road, 
Herstmonceux,
East Sussex.
BN27 1RQ 

Oh and did I say
I LOVE THIS NURSERY.

2 comments:

  1. It’s so good to find a lovely nursery, rather than an expensive garden centre! The pumpkin display is great and I look forward to seeing your garden update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and not too far away. Even better.

    ReplyDelete