Blog Archive

Friday 13 July 2012

Sedum for cob shed roof

Here is the sedum bed back in May.

And here it is in mid-July.

I was very inspired by a lady whose home was featured in the programme Grand Designs.
She took all her own cuttings to make the living roof for their house. She took thousands of cuttings.
Well I haven`t taken thousands but I have taken hundreds. They are doing so well in this raised bed that I am now able to take cuttings from the cuttings. There are more coloured ones on the way so it will add more interest through the seasons.

Here are the pumpkins. They are quite literally growing overnight. Interestingly we have seen no fruit forming as yet.

Today`s harvest. Seeing as we can`t leave cauliflowers to spoil, or eat 4 at once, some are destined to become picalilli (spelling!!) 

I think this strip of wildflowers is at its most beautiful. However I have been saying that for the past few weeks. I saw a butterfly today....it was a Cabbage White. The lack of butterflies was mentioned on TV last night. We need a bit more sunshine.Buddlieas are just about to flower.

Barn Dance tomorrow with The Catsfield Steamers.




No comments:

Post a Comment