Blog Archive

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sweetpeas galore

This is what happens when you don`t visit for a few days.
 
This is me having picked them all. The perfume is stunning and filling our house.

How could I have missed all these sideshoots on the tomatoes! I fed them for the first time today.

I replenished our little nursery.

Here is a general view to the west, towards the gate and the far woods.


There was soft rain as we gardened but it was warm. Everything is romping away. The pumpkins have grown 3 feet in as many days. There must be quite a few mice with tummy ache by now. We have lost a great deal of fruit to them. Has anyone got any ideas about a way to discourage them? 
I had intended to carry on with the nettle clearing.....they are encrouching onto our paths.....but I was soon waylaid by more urgent jobs such as sweetpea picking!! Can there be any better way to spend a Tuesday afternoon? I also planted more French beans, disbudded dahlias and checked the greenhouse. 
One of the horses was really enjoying life.....galloping around wildly and neighing, just for the joy of it.

One last thing........
does anyone know what this flower is?
It was in a flower seed mixture especially for butterflies and bees.
I love its spirals and the misty mauve flowers.








3 comments:

  1. Ooh! All those sweetpeas, how beautiful! I can smell their sweet scent just looking at the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the flower seems to be Phacelia - see http://www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk/forums/wildflowers-plants-and-tree-forums/85926-curly-flower.html

    Wildaboutbritain is a great website/forum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Belinda. I will take note of the website.

    ReplyDelete