Blog Archive

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Cob, Calves and Colour

Cold weather has come at last! 
My feet were cold despite two pairs of socks and I needed a woolly hat.
The cob shed has been put to bed. Steve completed the roof in wood and then covered it in plastic for the winter. The sedum will be started in the spring.


Two sections are left for skylights.


I spent my time trying to clear the far corner which is a bit of a headache. 
But these fungi brightened the chore.


I weeded and forked over half a large bed and some of the raised bed.


There are still a lot of carrots left to harvest.

Tim was busy getting the closest barn ready to wean the calves. It sounded like hard work but I`m sure he was warm. It was also good to hear that the Carols in the Barn will be on 14th. December.
I look forward to that, but hope it`s not too cold.
(PS There was some well-rotted manure in here.)


I broke up some old roofing felt and stuffed that on the bottom shelf of the insect hotel.
Tim said he had found about 200 ladybirds between felt so I thought it might work for me.

The last job was to make a hole for the honeysuckle post, blown over in the last gales.


On the way home we stopped to look across the wheatfield towards Icklesham.


No comments:

Post a Comment