Blog Archive

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Skating at Somerset House, London.

Last Friday, my sister Paula and I went to London for the day.
A couple of weeks ago, I decided skating should be on my bucket list, as I have never done it.
I don`t know what possesed me. I think I thought that after a few minutes of holding on, I would be pirouetting round like Torville and Dean. Nothing could be further from the truth.
After spending the good part of our hour`s session holding on for dear life to the railings or anyone who happened to be nearby, I did very tentatively manage a few rounds with no support but still 
close to the edge.
I am pleased to say I did not fall down, due more to caution, rather than any expertise on my part. And also perhaps that I didn`t want to spend the rest of the day with a wet backside!!


Looking confident..... but after the picture was taken we did have to get back to the edge!!


Keep dancing! Not what I was thinking at the time. It was more a case of .....
"Hold me Paula or I`m going over."
Paula has skated before and was far more confident than me.


After an Italian meal, a quick look round Covent Garden and a visit to the National Gallery, 
we came home on the train.


No comments:

Post a Comment