Blog Archive

Saturday 9 January 2016

January Sales with a Difference

Well its clearing out time once again.
Today we went to the tip and got rid of all sorts.
We also called into the garden centre which had a 70% sale on 1,000`s of items.
We did very well.
I couldn`t resist the indoor hyacinths and got 3 packets (£1.20)



I also found a lovely Austen rose called "The Lark Ascending." I`ve bought it in memory of my friend Lark who died recently.
It was 50% off. She would have liked that.
Steve found chicken manure
and slug pellets.at half price
The perenniels were 70% off so I got 2 sedums which attract butterflies late in the summer and a salvia. Normally these would look pretty sorry for themselves at this time of the year, but they had fresh green shoots.

We also got seed potatoes and onion sets and 2 lots of raspberry canes.
It is a great time to go to garden centres.

We came home for lunch in our garden room and spent a tantalising hour in our own garden.
I planted the three bowls of hyacinths.


I spread out the seed potatoes to sprout.


I watered both greenhouses as they are so dry.
I brought in a tiny bunch of early helleborus.


I sorted the last of the cooking apples and found a tray of well-wizened eating apples.





















In the evening I completed my latest crochet project and have already sent it to someone.


Our next job is to sort through all our seeds and see what we still need.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I do love a bargain, great finds x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness knows when these things will be planted.

      Delete
  2. I didn't make it to the garden centre but bought a new orchid from sainsbury only £5 and it's scented. Happy new year in the garden. Just waiting for it to stop raining here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would buy more orchids but lacking space in the right positions. Also nurturing a few back to health after rescuing from various family members. £5 is jolly good.

      Delete