Blog Archive

Wednesday 6 January 2016

January Sunshine

Today I made my first visit of the year to Freshwinds Garden.
The sun was out.....hooray.
But the ground is sodden. 
As I squealched across the grass, my boots sank into the turf leaving wet, muddy prints.
It would be impossible to do any work outside at the moment.


The pond is very full.





There`s even a kingcup in flower.



The shadows are still long across the garden even though we are on the right
side of the winter solstice.





The donkeys were happy in the sunshine and their ears soon perked up when they heard me.




The tin bath full of shells is now full of water, incredible when you realise that it is
 under the eaves of the cob shed.




The insect hotel has held out well but it may be replaced this year.


There is plenty of new growth on the mint already.


Future jobs...... but only when it dries out.

I collected the vegetables and on the way home, met my sister walking 
down the drive, so we came home for a cuppa and a newly baked bun.
We sat in the last of the most welcome sunshine.




Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog.





















1 comment: