Blog Archive

Friday 4 March 2016

Jury`s Yellow

What a day....5 hours of gardening and "Gardeners World" starting up again tonight.
Lovely spring weather, bumble bees out, warm sunshine.....perfect.
And better still, the compost heaps are dismantled, so all is ready for the new changes.
 
 





















The compost that was dug out, was spread round the fruit net after I had weeded it.
We replanted two redcurrant bushes within the net.
I also replanted the feverfew plants which were so lovely last year.


We protected the artichoke plants which have been chewed to stumps by rabbits.




They should look a bit like this.



These are cardoons.

There was maintenance work going on at the little house and a brand new yurt base being made.
Things are really starting to get going.

At home we spent the afternoon in our own garden, doing quite a few jobs that never got done in the autumn. It was still sunny and warm, unlike other parts of the country where there is snow.

Plenty of owls on the go at home.
Using home-spun wool for pom poms  and scraps of felt.......





....and using the knitted squares shown in my last entry....

.......I folded them in half and made what I am calling....
.....my primitive owls.
Maybe you can see why.




And with Easter in mind an Alan Dart free pattern....



Finally I bought a present for Freshwinds Garden.
Whilst researching fruit trees for extending our little orchard, I spotted this camellia 
which I could not resist.
( I hope you can see the name)















1 comment:

  1. Lovely to be out there and starting the season isn't it? And the sun is so warm (when it shows itself). I'll show the camelia to my friend, Cathy Jury :-)

    ReplyDelete