Blog Archive

Monday 29 February 2016

Leaping into Spring


Lots of photos in this post!!!
On this special day, a special afternoon at the garden.
After cold, miserable days there through February, a glorious afternoon, to see the month out.
And lots of people around for a change.

Our plan was to continue with the compost heap work.
We now have two and they are in position, ready to fill.

My first job was to start raking around in the old compost, sorting stuff that was too dry from stuff that`s not rotted yet.
It is hard work.

(I hope you like all the photos of our compost heaps!!!)
Anne was busy getting the Owl yurt area ready for visitors, so we talked about the new projects.
 
When I was fed up with that job, I carried on digging up the old strawberries....nearly done.

The brieze blocks will need to be cemented in.
And the old herb garden sign needs replacing.
 
Raised bed looking good and turning over very nicely.
In fact the areas already dug over are drying out very well.




My last job was to weed the rest of the long path.
Some liitle gems spotted amongst the new growth.





Poor Tom, the scarecrow needs a new set of clothes and possibly a facelift.













 We picked calabrese and fresh parsley for our ham hash dinner.




 







Meanwhile the expectant mothers wait patiently in the barn.


 On arrival at home I found a positive treasure chest on my doorstep.....
.....a huge bag of all kinds of craft materials from Patsy who died recently. Her daughters sent it to me.......Liberty fabrics, home-spun wool in many colours, rovings, knitted squares labelled with type of wool and type of natural dyes and more parts for the spinning wheel.
I had a wonderful time sorting through it all.































And finally a happy little boy visiting the garden .....my nephew Frazer with his dad and Paula.

















2 comments:

  1. What a busy day. The dug over areas look good and I love the iris.
    Frazer looks cherubic as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing what can be done in a short while.

    ReplyDelete