Blog Archive

Friday 15 July 2016

Crafty Days

I usually do my crafting in the evenings, but recently I was quite excited about a new project and was busy throughout a rainy morning. Nothing would usually stop me from being in the garden.
I have been making tree fairies.


Coming up on Sunday 24rd July, 
Fairy Trail Open Day
at Freshwinds.
11 til 3
With that in mind, the crafts we have been involved in, are all about fairies.
Steve has been busy making fairy doors and witch cat outlines.


This was the state of my kitchen table as I decorated the fairy doors.
 As they are going outside they are having a couple of coats of yacht varnish.
 There are fairy purses and fairy booklets,

fairy bunting and shell chimes.

I`ve even made a witch`s hat.
 I`ve crocheted flowery headbands and made fairy ribbon rings.


 
And I`m having a great time. 
The trouble is, the more I do, the more ideas I get.













Other recent crafts.....


......mini scarecrows.
One for each of the new babies and one for us.

















 
Little sausage dogs.
 

Tiny mice.....all 48 of them (these are the pastel ones)

And a new discovery, thanks to my sister-in-law, Julia.
I didn`t even know this tool existed.
It`s a popper tool.


When I`ve made the baby bibs I`ve sewn on the metal poppers, but these look so much more professional.












Julia treated me to this one.
I love it 

2 comments: