Blog Archive

Thursday 1 December 2016

Foxes, Toadstools and Mittens

I have enjoyed a great year of crafting and it`s not over yet. By that I mean, there are lots more exciting things to try, and all before Christmas.
It`s coming up to my annual review of my craft resources which usually involves some kind of reshuffling, as well as reminding myself exactly what I`ve got.
Recently I had a stall at the village craft fair.
It was a great day with friends, family and villagers dropping in all the time. And I sold quite a lot.

 












There seems to be a bit of a foxy theme for this winter so far. I made this pattern up as I went along, hence each fox is different. 





This fox took slightly longer to make but I think he`s quite cute.


I made a lot of toadstools whilst on holiday.
They were popular at the craft fair.


I was asked to make these polar bears by my niece-in-law.





They are embroidered in silver.
This pattern was made using ideas from Pinterest.

Recently I made some fingerless mittens for a friend, Roger. He belongs to a walking group called the Auld Phartz.
When the group saw his mittens they decided they wanted them to be part of the group`s winter uniform, so I found myself making 6 more pairs. I have asked for a photo.


The latest teddy bears. I love the wool that changes
colour as you knit.
 

Other recent makes....
 





......and finally
Fletcher my nephew in his beanie hat.

 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff, especially the toadstools, fairies and teddy bears. Before reading this this morning I sent you an email asking about your fingerless mitts! They are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you can follow that pattern. Very hard to think it all out. Must be in slightly mediative mode when I knit.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely things! I think the mittens, toadstools and scotty dogs are my faves

    ReplyDelete