Blog Archive

Thursday 22 December 2016

December Musings

Christmas is nearly upon us. And still so much to do.
I have not completed the wrapping of presents and the house still needs some preparation 
before our visitors.
Most of my present making is done, including 16 tiny Christmas cakes.
I have completed 8 little penguins for the table decorations.




The names are embroidered on the front.

I have made several fairies......


.......and some beanie hats for all the little boys in our family.




I`ve also tried a smaller crochet fox. I am pleased with it but I cannot follow any crochet pattern where you use two colours at once so I have to adapt. I can manage knitting with as many as 3 colours but crochet continues to evade me.




The sun shone today so it was a good opportunity to look at the garden and greenhouse.


















The first camellias are in bloom.




The mahonia is looking lovely but will soon be devastated by bluetits.





The dahlia tubers are warm and dry.


















The cuttings will need potting up in January.




One single rose for Christmas.



And the promise of things to come.

Merry Christmas to everyone who reads my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Love your little penguins! And you're planning ahead! Oh dear, it's not even the new year and we're already behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the seed catalogues keep coming.

    ReplyDelete