Blog Archive

Saturday 4 March 2017

Honeysuckle, Seeds and Octopus

Everything feels right with the world when you have spent a long satisfying day in both gardens.
I managed to get several jobs crossed off my extensive lists.
I think it is a bonus, too, when you think it`s going to rain and then doesn`t.
My first job was to transfer a honeysuckle to the side of the new stable. It will need a good piece of trellis.
Next I got more nettles out of the orchard grass.....
still loads to go though.
I raked the soil down ready to sow grass seed later.
 It`s too random to turf.

Steve checked on posts and netting all round the garden, including the butterfly garden sides. Lots of perenniels to thin out in this bed.
I cleared the path alongside the stable, made an edge of bricks and spread chipped bark.

There will be grass here soon.
 Steve removed the pesky fennel which I do love, but it seeds everywhere and has deep, tough roots.
I staked some floppy plants in the shrub bed and wondered about thinning a few things out.
The helleborus is looking good.
We gathered more broccolli for tomorrow`s dinner.
Ooooh I do love it.
Here is the new bunting for the garden.
I seem to have been making a lot of bunting lately.
My great-nephew will be 1 year old soon.

I was very pleased with my latest crochet.....octopus.
 It is very liberating to see an idea and just be able to make it up as I go along......something I cannot do with knitting, strangely enough.
Some tiny knitted teds. I did follow a pattern but not too happy with the fact that they look a little like mice. 
They need more of a muzzle really. 

Some even tinier teds and bunnies.
And a parliament of owls.
 I spent the rest of the day in our own garden sowing more seeds.
It isn`t until you throw away all of last year`s empty seed packets that you think you might have a problem.
I have planted 3 lots of sweetpeas......just 24 more packets to go.
Now that is a problem!!
I cannot resist a bargain and I am making sure there are replacements if the mice have a go.
I have got some to spare!!!!
Ha ha.



.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jen that all looks fabulous! You know, it's really lucky you've retired!! All those seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha and quite true. But remember my new years resolution!!

    ReplyDelete