Blog Archive

Friday 21 April 2017

Hazel and Horseshoes

The ground is very dry....there has been no rain of any substance through April so far.
The night before last there was a frost and I found out today that my three trays of ageratum were ruined and lost. They were in my make-shift tunnel. Needless to say they have more cover  now. The weather is going to get even colder next week.

On our visit today the apple blossom was looking particularly beautiful.





I have removed the last of the day lilies. They were nice plants but they never flower.
Along the front of the bed is a double row of gladioli and behind that I have now planted all the odd bits of dahlia tuber. Goodness knows what is going to come up.


I cut a lot of grass edges, always hard now that we have wire netting. But I am trying to make the job easier by bending the wire inwards.


















We have treated ourselves to a new work tool.
It is a battery operated strimmer, well-balanced I`m pleased to say.




I planted the first cornflowers but they are well covered.


We carried on with the new hazel criss cross fence.
I`ve hung horseshoes on each cross.





The ghostly shape is a newly planted honeysuckle, well protected in this breezy spot.


The shrub bed amazes me.
I have shoved plants in here willy nilly and everything is looking great.




















Cerinthe, cardoons and helianthus.

The lambs were more settled today.....

 
.......new visitors arriving.....
....weeds thriving....




......comfrey looking lovely.


And the nearby woods stunningly beautiful as always.





2 comments:

  1. It's all looking so promising! The shrub bed is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It`s amazing that it`s such a hotch potch of stuff.

      Delete