Blog Archive

Thursday 13 April 2017

"Wade in the Water."

Well I have borrowed Belinda`s idea and named this entry after a song.... spiritual actually.
It seems appropriate.
Lovely weather for all the yurters and campers.
And it`s been great for gardening too, but we are in need of some rain, preferably at night.
Our greenhouses at home have been monitored carefully as there is no shading as yet, and things are drying out quickly. I have potted on tomatoes and sweet peppers.

On Monday we borrowed some waders and were able to clear the rest of the parrot weed from the pond, along with much more. We placed a plank right across so there was something to hold onto. The bottom was slippery and has several different depths.
















I talked to Anne today about the huge waterlily root. We wondered whether to haul it out, cut off the growing shoots and replant. At the moment it is floating and needs to be anchored to the bottom. It would need a very heavy weight.
However after sitting and watching today, I noticed that two basking frogs were using it. Possibly a little safer than the pond edges.



Also they are well camouflaged.
Just sitting still and quietly, allows you to see numerous newts. The pond is literally crawling with them. It`s now easier to see with clearer areas. There are five here.

The kingcups are amazing and seeding themselves all round the edges.
What a splash of colour.

I checked on the robin`s nest which now has 5 eggs.

I began to bring out the fairies and wizards.



The ravishing receptionist is wearing her Easter bonnet..
The chickens were scratching around the orchard. There is something quite reassuring about hens pecking round the garden.




Anne`s dad, Don, (such a handy-man) was busy putting up the new fence round the stable.



The bunnies seem very happy in their new home.


Forgetmenots as blue as blue and gladdies sprouting.

 














The little nursery is up and running.
And lastly a mystery, though I have my suspicions.


 As I watered the dahlias, I noticed the soil disappearing, exposing the tubers!!!
Now I wonder what that could mean!!!!?



No comments:

Post a Comment