Blog Archive

Friday 9 June 2017

Corkscrew Radish.

This blog entry was going to be called something else but I forgot to take the matching pictures.
Today is all about happy accidental colour blends and cob shed tidying .... that, was due to intermittent showers.
I found lots of goodies for the new fairy garden.

Before and after.
I planted the last box of helichrysum and 12 nicotiania sylvestris.
 











Some beautiful combinations today....





 The cardoons get bigger and bigger.




 Various views.
A few gems in the tiny nursery, plus a few things in the polytunnel.
The redcurrants are nearly ready to harvest.

Turn your back and a path is blocked!!
 A new area about to be developed.
And finally the long-awaited corkscrew radish!!
PS If like me you tie your sunflowers to small sticks when they are quite small, don`t forget to cut those ties as the stems get bigger. I found several very tight ones when I checked the growth today.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, so many gorgeous flowers at the moment!
    Are they cardoons? I thought they were globe artichoke. I need to do a bit of Googling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right...they are artichokes. Silly me.

      Delete
    2. You are right...they are artichokes. Silly me.

      Delete
  2. nice radish and I'm glad to see Steve's wooden handybox like the one you gave me for my 60th. It is very useful.

    ReplyDelete