Blog Archive

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Snowmen, Hugs and Pompoms

Where did November go?
Such a flurry of activity round here.
We still haven`t completed the jobs in the gardens ....it has been to wet. There was a frost this morning.
Thank goodness the dahlias are under cover.

Today we went to Dobbies, the big garden centre near Ashford.
We got our Christmas tree there. It is a Fraser Fir.
(more later)
I was delighted to find tulips at half price, having thought I`d missed the boat.
We also found all the Unwins seeds at 50p a packet.
What an incredible bargain.
Some of these packets were originally £3.
 
I am also delighted to tell you that I have managed to do some Christmas craft with 5 of my nephews and nieces.
Here they are with the snowmen.

Frazer and Fletcher with theirs.
Aiden and Alfie`s.
And Macie actually making hers.
We are having another craft day on Sunday afternoon.
We`re hoping to make gnome houses from paper plates.
 
I`ve been busy making special cards from my seaglass collection.
They are a bit precious and will not be going through the post.




 
 
 
 
 
 






My niece-in-law has a rather unusual theme for their Christmas tree .... it is tropical with a pink and green colour theme.
I`ve made her a few items.


There are a few flamingoes involved as well.

Steve has been busy creating a herd of reindeer.
Can`t bear to think of giving them away.
 

I`ve been making a lot of colourful pompoms.
So easy with the pompom makers. 
 
And I followed a youtube tutorial to learn how to make these origami stars. It took a few tries but I got there in the end.
I have tried to get the link but with no luck. Anyway it is called 
5 pointed origami star.
It has two very clear you tube videos to follow.
 Tomorrow I am taking some crafts to the village coffee morning at the village hall. There will also be a few of our willow wreaths and stars on sale at very reasonable prices.

And finally this lovely picture of my two nephews hugging with excitement after decorating their Christmas tree.
I hope this gets you into the Christmas spirit.
 
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely postt - colourful and cheery. The seaglass cards look fab and all the other crafts - love that raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite pink and green but Amanda did feed them on one of her air crew breaks.

    ReplyDelete