Blog Archive

Thursday 6 August 2020

Too Hot to Handle

This summer there is a greater interest in the garden and gardening than usual. We put it down to the amount of time people have had in their own gardens. And of course wanting to grow their own vegetables.

We get a lot of compliments and lots of questions. Some I can answer and some I can't. For instance the other day I couldn't remember the name of the weed Fat hen! One lady said her plot was full of it. Well I do know thst it is edible. Luckily Steve remembered.

Lots of the children coming through the garden are supervised, thank goodness, unlike the gang of five who threw ten stone ladybirds in the pond!! I was not pleased. The frogs and newts do not appreciate it.
The sun got hotter and hotter.  I picked tomatoes with my great nephew Aiden with the sweat running down my face and back.

The pumpkins are suffering.
I cut back dead bits of lavender until I couldn't face any more.
The waterlilies are in full bloom.

The white everlasting sweetpea is cascading everywhere.

By 11.30 it was too hot to garden so it was home to lunch in the shade.








No comments:

Post a Comment