Blog Archive

Sunday 16 February 2014

Blasted Cob and Bedraggled Fairy

There has been a welcome break from the latest weather.....we have had a beautiful sunny day with real warmth in the sunshine. We took the opportunity to go to Freshwinds Garden. It was truly lovely.
I spent a good fifteen minutes just walking round to see what`s new and interesting.


I noticed the delightful moss on top of the raised bed wall. What an incredible green!





This water plant is looking very lush.








 


Unfortunately there is a new batch of duckweed multiplying on the surface of the pond. It`s a good colour but can become invasive. 

I don`t know what it is about green.....I seem to want to wear it a lot lately.




 
Over by the far gate, the mud slurry is deep and extensive. I`ve discarded the two chicken scarecrows. They are looking a bit the worse for wear.

 
















The primroses by the pond are delicate in a misty kind of way.
 

 
Steve got going with the usual molehill spreading.

 






I collected the cedar signs. They need some TLC.




















The greenhouse needed a bit of a clear out though I don`t think it looked much better after I`d done it.















At least we can now get in the door.
I had to leave a lot of netting hanging up to dry and I threw out a lot of muddy, torn fleece. It is false economy to buy fleece from the £1 shops. It falls apart after one use.

 I rescued the sea fairy and she is drying off in the greenhouse....poor thing.











By then it was time for a long tea break sitting in the lee of the cob shed, where I saw a butterfly......too fleeting to see what it was but the 2nd of the day as I saw one in our own garden.
Anne walked through with Bruce the dog and we were excited to hear the news about the wooden cottage which is arriving soon. It will be situated in the field below the garden, with steps leading from the cob area into the field. That gets the imagination going. I`m thinking arches and foxgloves.
Anne spent some time yesterday replacing and reinforcing the fence by the entrance where the sheep get in.



It is easy to see in this photo, the blasting the cob has had over the last few months. In places there are damp patches, but on the whole I think it has shown that it can withstand the onslaught. 
Hope these are not the famous last words.







No comments:

Post a Comment