Blog Archive

Saturday 1 February 2014

Crafts, Camellias and Signs of Spring

Despite rain, hail, gale force winds and the cold, things are beginning to move in our own garden.
The clumps of snowdrops are just showing with the doubles coming first.


The individual flowers are exquisite....comparable to a rare orchid.


After keeping an eye open....when it`s possible to actually venture into the garden.....there is my first camellia
waiting to be admired. It`s one of my favourites and how I love to say it....
Contessa Lavinia Magi.


The soil must be warming up. These are honesty seedlings.


Well, January has come and gone and I have really enjoyed myself, sorting and using up quite a lot of my stash of craft materials.
After finding so many tiny pieces of fabric in my scrap box, (I can`t bear to throw them away) I decided to do some mini-patchwork. The colours seemed to fall nicely into pastels and brights.


These are the brights. They are destined to become a new set of placemats.

The pastels became a stack of mini lavender cushions.














Some of the strips have yet to be used. I`m working on that one.

 










But here is an idea for one lot.

This box was for washing tablets and I was keeping writing pads and papers in it. 
I decided it needed a brighter update. 


My brother and his wife have been saving me the baby milk powder containers as they know I will 
"do something useful with them."


They are now hanging behind a cupboard door with all the recharging plugs and cables 
which are usually in such a muddle.


Steve is busy making changes to our kitchen. It`s really the only time of year when we can spend so much time on the needs of the house.






No comments:

Post a Comment