Blog Archive

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Crafts Galore

The rain continues to fall, the flooding for many people in Somerset  and now the Thames areas, is upsetting to witness. I do feel such sympathy for those people trying to save their homes and possessions and farmers wondering how they will ever get their fields and crops back to normal.
I have checked on my Aunty Doreen who has a house situated between the River Kennet and the Kennet and Avon Canal. She is fine. 
My sister Paula has had a great idea to help in some small way. I will keep you posted.

I have taken the opportunity to try some experimental cooking ready for a special celebration in August!!!
I have also made some more marmalade. I`m afraid I do cheat somewhat, as I use tinned oranges ready prepared. I well remember helping my Mum to cut up the rind into fine strips and trying to remove the pith.
Not a job I enjoyed.

Also a lot of crafts going on and yet more organising of my stash.


I am enjoying this lovely wool which is quite exciting to knit up.
I`ve made a rather rustic looking cardigan for Frazer with it. Can`t decide whether it needs buttons.


The patchwork placemats were completed. I was determined to try harder with the home-made bias binding and ended up finishing them with hand sewing.


The sock bunnies have got skirts. My sister suggested this idea and I think she is right.


I tried some fabric birds. I made eight but haven`t managed to get a very good photo of them altogether.


Carrying on with the hexie flowers, here is one using my own fabrics. I will be completing the final object tonight. Destined to be a present.


This is an idea for reels of cotton. I`m sure there are many people out there who keep their cottons in good order. I was not one of them. They were all jumbled up in one drawer, where I continuously scrabbled 
around for the right colours, let alone knew how much I had of one colour.
I decided to put it all to rights.
Using Ferrero Rocher boxes and another bathroom smellies box I got them sorted.


The lids are held on with elastic bands.


Now it is easy to see at a glance a colour, how much of one colour and I have 
been able to use up oddments. Very satisfying and so easy. And it cost me nothing except time.
Even better, they all fit into my sewing drawer. No more scrabbling.


With Valentine`s Day just round the corner, what better way to celebrate than with 
a beautiful bunch of roses from Tesco`s. Well two bunches actually.


How lovely to have roses at this time of the year!

My nephew Frazer is thriving and such a delight to us all.
Here he is "reading" with his dad.



He`s been swimming several times at the local baths, had baby massage and can now 
roll himself over on the floor. He is 18 weeks old.









No comments:

Post a Comment