Blog Archive

Monday 25 May 2015

Freshwinds Buzzing

Freshwinds is buzzing this holiday weekend.
We made a lightening visit just to water. 
The car park was full of cars and excited people arriving and greeting each other....
with sleeping bags, guitars and other necessities for a yurting break.
We know that excited feeling only too well.
In the garden itself there were visitors getting to know the new animals,
and buying plants from our little nursery.



Here is Flash Harry.
He likes a bit of spinach.


The ferrets were causing quite a stir as well.











The rabbits and guinea pigs are becoming great friends.


The cucumbers, aubergines and peppers are in.
I`ve planted them in flowerpots with the bottoms cut out.
This is mainly to aid watering and make a deeper run for the roots.
There is a handful of chicken pellets in each one.



Last year I tried growing sweet williams on in the polytunnel but they got too hot, wilted and died except for a couple of plants. Now they are coming into their own and providing welcome cut flowers. The perfume is delightful.














I cannot believe the spurt of growth on the strawberry patch and the herbs continue to flourish.
I think my astonishment is partly realising just how much damage rabbits can do.



The aquilegias are looking particularly good.
But underneath I see my next job.


The flag iris matching the wild buttercups.














And at home the new compost bins are almost complete. Hooray!
We have had bags and bags of spent spring bedding all over the garden.
Now it has a home.


















And on this early Bank Holiday Monday, the yurters and campers will be waking to a glorious day.
The sun is shining and its going to be a lovely day.
And in the words of one yurter.....
"I`m coming back here.....it`s an idyllic place to stay."

And I hope they all have a wonderful time.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Your compost area is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It`s been really hard work for Steve and he`s trying to get the garage doors finished as well. Today I`ve had a really good clear up all round that area. Now it`s fit for a garden opening.

      Delete
  2. All looks wonderful. And I love the tortoise. Now I'm retired at last I am getting into blogging. Your flowers are beautiful.
    Our garden is nearly all in pots at the moment ready for our move to Devon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to read your comment on here. Good luck with your move. Will you be starting a new garden then?

      Delete