Blog Archive

Monday 10 August 2015

Glad All Over

Lots of colour today.
Our own garden is in a bit of an in-between time but not so at Freshwinds.
The scattered annuals are still colourful...
.....the calendula continues to flower....
......the sunflowers are looking good....
......the helichrysum keep coming.






Every visit to the garden is harvest time and we are coming home laden
with baskets and bins of veggies.


Here is the onion crop.
 And one third of the potato crop.











 
Steve has made our first tomato sauce 
and I`ve frozen about 8 x 10oz bags.
The pumpkins are fattening up.
The runner beans are flowering well.
Our sitting area for teabreaks looks particularly pretty.
 
I am very pleased to see that the ladybird searches continue, with children who are camping.
For the opening, I hid 20 stone ladybirds round the garden. It proved quite popular.
(there are 20 bees in the pipeline) 


And the £1 pack of gladioli from Aldi, are making me feel glad all over, for the most incredible price and the stunning colours. 

They are quite a show-stopper.
 

 
 
 
 






4 comments:

  1. All as beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. I have gladioli on my list of plants I want to grow in my new garden so now I know where to buy them!
    I didn't realise you had made the ladybirds. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time we go there they seem to get better and better. The rain last night will have done them good.

      Delete