Blog Archive

Monday 16 July 2018

Bits and Pieces

Seems like I am having another Dave Clark moment.
 The fantastic weather continues and we are loving it but our gardens are desperate for water.
And I am getting a bit fed-up with the continuous watering needed to keep things going.
At home the poor sweetpeas are suffering.
Probably due to the lack of water and the weakness of the plants, I now find them covered in greenfly.
To address this I have sprayed them with a mixture of water and washing up liquid.
It is very disappointing after I`ve grown them from seed and nurtured them for so long.

The French marigolds are happy.

 
















Jasmine is happily flowering. It really loves the heat.
Phlox, clematis 
and 
cosmos.

 Melons continue to swell and are now supported by recycled fruit net bags.
Today we pruned the willow arch at Freshwinds Garden.
I brought a bundle home and I have made six willow wreaths.

The secret with willow is to let it do its own thing.
It`s no good forcing it to go where it doesn`t want to go.
I think it helps that it is still green.
I just wish it would stay this lovely colour.

Another of my latest projects can be revealed as it has been given to the recipient.
It is a musical movement, with a fairy theme.
I used to make many of these a long time ago.
This was for a friend who has just retired.
The top revolves to the tune of  Mozart`s Magic Flute.

















Another craft project is my pom pom tortoises.
If my great-nephew, Aiden sees these he will want them all.


And finally my favourite place to sit at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. love your flowery seating area! Also the musical fairies. My sweet peas are practically over now but still smell nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I have contemplated pulling them up.

    ReplyDelete