Blog Archive

Monday 6 August 2018

Duck Nappies

This is just a short blog entry but I think it will make you smile.
A few weeks ago I received a text from Anne`s daughter, Hollie.
It made me laugh out loud.
"Please can you make some duck nappies?" 

 Recently Hollie has started Pickham Farm Pals.
She takes small animals into old folks homes. 
Handling these small animals enhances well-being.
But poohing and peeing might cause a problem.
Ducks have rather messy pooh ....
..... hence duck nappies.

Thankfully Anne had sent off for one but it was far too small.
At least I could see what it should look like.

I tried out two proto-types in old cotton sheeting.
With difficulty we tried them on until I got a good idea of what was needed.
Finally I made up one in a pretty fabric and I am pleased to say, at the fitting, it worked perfectly, even to the point of the duck christening it.
   











 I must say I was relieved as I couldn`t face another try-out.




Since then I have made three more in bright florals.
Two to wear and two in the wash.

I have been asked to make quite a few things 
but this beats them all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment