Blog Archive

Thursday 30 August 2018

Dazzling Dahlias and Glorious Gladdies

The garden was lovely today.
There were plums and damsons to harvest
and a few dropped fruits ....
..... more jam making tomorrow I think.
Dahlias and late gladioli to admire.


 
 Insects to watch ....



 Unusual colour combinations ....
 ..... and strange happenings with the carnations ....
partially reverting to their parents.

 











The pumpkins are filling out and the courgette flowers have their own beauty. 
My big job was the orchard hedge.
 I had to get rid of the nettles and docks before I could 
even reach it. 
Before.
After.
 Now there is more light to ripen the last of the fruit.
I am totally amazed at the resilience of the grass.
Here is a picture from the beginning of August ..
And here it is today.
Fantastic.
 
Steve is working on a fourth compost heap using pallets but I forgot to take photos.
But I did remember that he put a wire brace on the tree trunk planter that split.
 People are still thoroughly enjoying their camping experiences.
We had a weekend in the Woodland yurt recently.
(I will blog it at a later date.)

When the sun eventually came out it was a baking hot day.
I don`t think I would have managed the hedge in that heat.
 

 
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment