Blog Archive

Thursday 16 January 2020

Fabric Fun

After a fairly good start, with the new greenhouse at home, well on in its construction, everything has come to a standstill due to gusty weather. No-body wants to handle glass in those conditions.
Looks like the weekend might be better for everyone.

Down at Freshwinds, I am well on the way with the compost heaps. (This year we have plans to make another section using pallets.) But that too, is on hold.

So ..... I have been making a selection of cards and at the same time re-aquainting myself with my stock.

I`ve done my usual stash-busting with the fabric scraps.
I am hoping to make teddy sleeping bags.
Here are some of the combinations of colours.





I find this patchwork very satisfying.
Can`t wait to use it in different ways.

With Valentine`s Day coming up, I`ve been making lavender bags, using recycled sample fabrics.
I`ve backed the hearts with iron-on vilene which gives them a bit more substance when sewing to the bags.
The short open ends are being sewn up using ladder stitch.


Still a few to go.


I am hoping we can sell some at the February Coffee Morning to help raise funds.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment