Blog Archive

Saturday 15 May 2021

Flowery Gnomes and Pastel Teds

It has been a long time since I made small toys, mainly because there was no outlet, so I have been enjoying myself.

I have been quite taken with the gnomes, for seasons other than Christmas .... summer gnomes, autumn gnomes etc

I have tried some different ones. I made up the pattern as I went along but finally used the cardboard wool cones that have been in the loft for the last 20 years. 

They are about 25 cms tall.


Then I tried some much smaller ones. They are a bit more floral.


Steve cut me some log slices for the bases so they are fairly stable. They are about 15 cms high. The body is in crochet.

During tea and lunch breaks I have been making this eclectic mix of tiny crochet teds. They all have a little cream scarf.

And the little donkeys are always popular on the craft trolley.

At the first coffee morning of the year, we had a parade of the knitted coats.

I think we look like a colourful bunch. They will all be off to the charity soon. I would love to know who ends up wearing them.



 


2 comments:

  1. Those gnomes are fun! I’m sure all those will find homes very quickly as will the Ted’s and donkeys.
    The knitted coat parade is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gnomes are great! All those lovely goodies won’t hang round long I’m sure.
    The coat parade - what a colourful bunch!

    ReplyDelete