Blog Archive

Wednesday 26 May 2021

No Trowel Wednesday

Who can believe that we both forgot the trowels today.

And it was pretty hard as we had sunflowers, mesembryanthemums, mirabilis and some beans to get in.

I ended up using a small hand fork!!! and Steve used a short hoe!!! I don`t know who was worse off. 

 We might be moaning about the weather but the soil is perfect for planting. And everything is doing so well.

Potatoes and onions

The wild flower patches are doing well so far.

But the most astonishing growth has to be the compost area where discarded p(l)ants are thrown ( I nearly left this spelling mistake in) .... all their seeds are germinating. It is a great place for scavenging new plants.

Poppies, feverfew, forgetmenots and the odd nettle!!

The quince flowers are open and the bees are happy.

Just look at this one closely, covered in pollen. I`m now wondering if its a pseudo-bee.
 

The tomatoes are well away and self-seeded nasturtiums going great guns. How I love them.

The borage just gets better and bluer.

Anne has mown the grass and it looks great.
The first geum flowers are out.
 
Thank goodness for a lovely gardening day. I was beginning to get fed up dodging showers. But I did get 8 trays of bedding in so I was very happy.


Next time ..... more about no-mow-May at home.






2 comments:

  1. No trowels? Oh dear! 😄
    Now that we’re expecting some sunshine I can look back at May’s weather a bit more favourably, but it has slowed us down rather.
    I think that I may be a sort of wasp with that skinny waist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right. Lots of insects around today.

    ReplyDelete