Blog Archive

Friday 16 August 2013

Cabbages, Carrots and Courgettes

In the last few days we`ve been cobbing and we`ve collected vegetables and flowers. 
As you can see we only need about four more mixes of cob to get to the top.
It was a bit drizzly today but I added a few things to the craft table and there are some vegetables for sale.

 

 



















I was thrilled when a young boy called Oscar spotted newts in our pond. 
This is an excellent sign that the pond is more balanced.
It`s not a good photo but....



The red cabbage is really beautiful. Steve is pickling it.


There were 5 cucumbers as well as tomatoes and peppers, sweetcorn and courgettes.

Steve missed these two and they`ve turned into marrows!!!



The elderberries are ripening.
Maybe we can make wine this year.
We`ve got two lots on the go.

The sweetpeas are still going strong.
I deadhead them every few days.













We only needed one carrot for our meal tonight!















Anne managed to acquire some pallets for our insect hotel.
We hope to construct one by the pond.


Clearing this path will be my next job. The comfrey is doing really well.

 
My sister`s neighbour, Angela has given me some of her lavender to make lavender sachets.
It needs to dry in the sunshine.


I love to have enough sunflowers to pick for vases. The ones I have grown this year are multi-headed.
They are doing very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment