Blog Archive

Monday 12 August 2013

Up-cycled Deckchair

A few blogs ago, I posted a picture of an old deckchair, left outside a neighbour`s house for any taker.
Well I took it......I couldn`t resist.


 It actually wasn`t that old. I knew this because there was velcro on it.
We decided to paint it and make a patchwork seat. It was a joint effort and I`m quite pleased with the result.


Here is a close-up of the patchwork.


About a week ago, we had a lovely afternoon with our godchildren, Claire, Ben, Joe and Anna, who were altogether for the first time in a long while. They have seven children of their own. When the godchildren were young, I made them various home-made toys. I thought it would be nice to make their own children something, so I came up with the idea of rice-filled mice. 
Each mouse had a name embroidered on top, to personalise it.

The children enjoyed making "homes" around the garden for them.





3 comments:

  1. The chair looks lovely now. And I love the mice - remind me of the bagpuss mice so now I've got their song in my head all day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Steve enjoyed doing it. Are you watching Kirsty Alsop furnishing homes for next to nothing? Getting some good ideas. Next project for Steve is owl boxes from decking off-cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the deck chair. I'm up and down from the Drier barn all day taking cups of tea and food - so I can't get down to anything productive!

    ReplyDelete