Blog Archive

Saturday 10 August 2013

Willows and Wagons

We had a lovely visit to the garden yesterday. The weather was perfect.
My sister Paula, joined us bringing the cakes for the Wool Barn.


Earlier in the week she learnt how to drive the Workmax. She really enjoyed herself.


She has also threaded the new growth on the willow arch.


She has a knack for it.

Steve got busy with the cobbing. We are so close to finishing now.


 

Some regulars came back for the weekend, stopping by the pond to view the bright green frogs.


I love the cart....just the job.

I spent a lot of time harvesting flowers.....what a way to spend the morning.
I also cut back the alstromerias and some herbs which were finished.
.


The pumpkins and squashes are fattening up. I had to give them some water as the leaves were flagging a bit.


 I am very happy with the pear crop so far.


This year we have done so well with cucumbers. Every seed we planted, 
germinated and thrived, unlike last year.



Tim is making a reception building in the big barn. 
Campers at the Owl yurt are enjoying the new kitchen area which I think he built.
Anne`s dad is also a good carpenter.


And finally great excitement when 40 turkeys arrived today. They are just getting used to their surroundings.










No comments:

Post a Comment