Blog Archive

Sunday 8 December 2013

Steeleye Span

Tonight I have been to see Steeleye Span, one of my all-time favourite groups with it`s mixture of traditional music and rock. Best known for "All around my hat" and "Gaudete" both of which 
were performed this evening. The venue was St.Mary in the Castle, Hastings.
It is just recently that all our vinyl music has been converted into MP3 format and we have been able to access our old LP`s more easily. It has been a joy to listen to Steeleye Span once again.


Maddy Prior, the lead singer, has a wonderful voice, often described as "clear as a bell."


 Peter Knight, producing a magical sound on the violin.
He once lived in Hastings.


 Their latest CD is called "Wintersmith" ...some very interesting new music.

At the end I was lucky enough to fulfill a long-time ambition and that was to tell Maddy Prior how much I loved her voice and their music over all those years.....at least 40.
She was lovely..... happy and smiley and she even asked me if I`d like my photo taken with her.


And .....she liked my earrings.
What a special experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment