Blog Archive

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Gollum in the Cob

It has been cold today. Despite wearing gardening gloves my hands were still cold.
We visited the garden today to bring some chipped bark home for our own fruit net.
I dug up four beautiful thyme plants, grown from seed last year.
These will be some of the first plants for my nephew`s new herb garden.


I did a bit of weeding but didn`t want to get on the soil as it`s far too wet.
The sheep had been in the garden and eaten some lovely broccolli that was just forming. We really need a better fence at the entrance.
Steve spread more chipped bark around. I have been promised another load.
It suddenly struck me that I keep buying sacks of it for home-use and it`s expensive.....why on earth didn`t I use some from our huge pile.


Here are the raspberries, which we have tied to wires for 2014. I am hoping the bees will get to the flowers more easily and that picking and pruning will be easier too.


Some of the sedum is looking good.












Other clumps are looking a bit worse for wear.
Perhaps these will improve in the spring.










I tidied up the chives.


There are lots of self-seeded borage plants.
One idea I am keen to try in the summer is to put a blue borage flower in an icecube tray, fill with water and after freezing, use for summer drinks such as Pimms.


Gollum has been spotted in the cob shed.....looking a bit wary. 
Maybe because Gandalf is in the same room!!!


At home the first primrose is out....


......and a star shaped campanula growing in the woodstore wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment