Blog Archive

Sunday 12 January 2014

Socks and Manure

Strange title I know, but that`s what it`s about.
We have had two visits recently, to Freshwinds. Despite the wet we have managed to do quite a few jobs.
We completely used up the first load of chipped bark and today cleared the grass in order for it to grow.
Note how the compost heaps are looking i.e two empty.
 

That is not to say that the ground is not sodden. I stepped into the corner of the bed nearest the compost heaps and went down quite a way.


Here is the side path by the barn newly spread with chipped bark.


Anne has spread manure on the asparagus bed.


Today I have tidied the fruit net and spread manure.


Several more jobs need doing here such as new netting and extra posts.


The cob shed has a damp patch running down its length but considering the weather that it has endured, doing well. We are debating the best time to begin the sedum layer.




Take a good look at this area.....we have exciting plans!!!


My nephew Luke, is starting a new garden soon and is keen to grow his own herbs. These lovely thyme plants will be the start of his collection. They were grown from seed last year and have grown on in the raised bed. Can`t wait to help him design his new herb garden at Easter.

The zebra sock toy, given to me as a kit, from Tim and Anne, has started a ball rolling.
I have now made 13 and I`m still going.


 












Here is my new nephew, Frazer, enjoying the startling stripes. He can`t have mine but I have made him one of his own which he will receive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment