Blog Archive

Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year and Old Views

Well here we are at the start of a brand new year....one in which I will be able to sing the well-known Beatles song about age, with some meaning!!!
Lots of plans and projects are planned, both at home and at Freshwinds Garden.

Anne and Time gave me this lovely present for Christmas.
Thank you.


It came in this lovely tin which reminds me of toffee tins from years ago.
Inside was the complete set of materials to make this lovely sock zebra. I really enjoyed it and of course my mind is reeling from the possibilities of further creatures, using socks purchased at the pound shop.


Other gardening presents for us both....



....loving this quote.

Some of our plans for 2014....

1. to put a sedum roof on the cob shed
2. to put up a new polytunnel
3. to have wider swathes of wild flowers
4. to enlarge the vegetable beds
5. to landscape the area around the cobshed
6. to put a living roof on the insect hotel
7.to develop the willow bed

There will be lots more as the year progresses.

Today we have walked six and a half k.m, in a huge circle, a walk I have done since I was a little girl, with my Mum pushing a pram with my sister Lee in it. 
Up Rosemary Lane and down Peter James Lane. 
At the top of the first lane is a most spectacular view across the countryside to the north.
Here we rested for a drink. 


Our village is spread out along its ribbon-like way.

A closer view of Pett Church.

This is the other end of Peter James Lane.


Looking south we can see the sea.
Just to the left of this photo is a smaller field. My Dad would take me on his bicycle across this field to visit my Granny who lived close by, after weekend gardening jobs. And yes I did go along with him. ( I can feel another special blog entry coming on)


This high point can be seen for miles around and here is the beacon which is lit on 
special occasions.


Here is the view towards Guestling where I was brought up. 
The oast house could be seen from our back garden.
This blog entry is like a trip down memory lane!!


 This is a spectacular fungi about the size of a cabbage, though its 
undulating parts put me in mind of an oriental poppy.

 
Some daffodil spikes just showing at the top of Rosemary Lane.


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.
Lots to look forward to.
Watch this space.




No comments:

Post a Comment