Blog Archive

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Dullness, Digging and Dedication

Well we did go to the garden again today, and I would have to say it was dedication, as it was as dull as dishwater. 
Perhaps it is because we are ready to START.
The sunshine draws you out, but it`s the lure of the garden, when it`s dull.
I had a good job waiting and got stuck straight into the compost heaps. I completed one, spreading it in the raised beds, round the fruit trees and on the areas which Steve dug over.


 This is the first heap after refilling from the top of the second.....sounds complicated but common sense.
I even managed to get down behind the heaps to clear out the nettle roots. Funny how, at this time of the year, you want everything to look perfect. Soon time and seasons catch up with you and some things get shoved to one side, perfection being one of them.
Apart from anything else, I am growing to love those little unkempt corners of the garden where all kinds of things go on.



Some good stuff in the next one along though it took longer to get down to it. The compost heap walls have splayed out, so the slats fall out. This means the contents spill out and aren`t so compacted.

Still, no matter, I am satisfied.

 
Three barrowloads round the fruit.

 Steve was busy digging. The ground is turning over nicely.



He also spent some time raking out the molehills.


Good job I can keep focused on one job as there is plenty to do.
 Ha ha


The herb garden needs a good going over.

We had a natter with Hollie who was off to check whether the sheep were upright. If they fall on their backs, they can`t always get up, being pregnant. The due date for the lambs is 20th March.
All I can say is, that the ram must have had a very busy time seeing as there are 300 sheep.

2 comments:

  1. We are coming down on the 20th to help with the lambing, I have no idea quite what to expect but I cannot wait, I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully see you then x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of ours had a Charolais ram. He got out one night and impregnated 90 sheep. Our friend said "Typical - Frenchman!"
    As for the dull bit - I think this is the gloomiest winter we've had in a long time.

    ReplyDelete