Blog Archive

Sunday 8 February 2015

My Granny Magan

As another Mothering Sunday rolls by, I feel a sadness that 
my Mum is not here to buy a card or a present for.
I think of past Mothering Sundays ..... from the simple church services we attended with our mum when we were small, with the small bunches of flowers tied with ribbons, laid out on the pews......to the later tea parties at each others houses, toasting fruit bread in front of the log fire......and special cakes made by one or other of us......walks in anemone filled woods......to the gift-giving and making our Mum feel special. 
She was.

As mentioned in previous posts
http://freshwindsgarden.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/my-granny-magan.html

 I learnt a lot of my crafts from her....sewing, knitting and embroidery. We also shared a great love of gardening. Interestingly, Mum`s love of gardening began when my Dad died and she took it over. Up til then it was his department. That`s j
ust how it was.
Mum indoors cooking dinner and looking after us and Dad in the garden planting and growing.
And she was a good gardener.

1 comment:

  1. Aah, that's lovely. I love the photo of her in the Peirrot group

    ReplyDelete