Blog Archive

Sunday 5 July 2015

Holiday Crafts and More Surprises

I love to take craft on holiday and this time was no exception.
It was actually quite a rush to make sure I had everything needed to complete the following items, but it was worth it. There is nothing I like better than a shady area on the terrace, glass of wine nearby and some craft to get myself involved in.
I made tiny mice, mini sock toys and fingerless gloves.

Here are the tiny mice marching along the outside coffee table, which was made from an old warped door and had a pleasing curve!!



The mini sock toys are made using toddlers` socks ...£2.45 for 5 pairs in Aldi.



















I know this is a bit twee, but I couldn`t resist this pretty little bowl.





And of course the inevitable driftwood.


A few days after we arrived home, I had a nice surprise in the post.....
this lovely mini macrame star from my cousin Carolyn.
She sometimes runs courses from Lorne Hill Farm (see my side bar)



The minute detail is amazing.
It has certainly brought this craft bang up to date.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jen! You are such a clever stick! The sock donkeys are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I had the pleasure of giving a sock donkey to each of my great nephews and nieces yesterday. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Lovely little mice. You must have sewn them by hand. Did you do any sketching while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first seam on the mice is done on the machine. The rest is by hand but they are quite quick.

    ReplyDelete