Blog Archive

Friday 3 July 2015

Strawberry Days

Well it`s not just strawberries but raspberries as well......delicious jam, bowls full for puddings, 
Eton Mess  with cream and meringues. So much for the diet!!
Strawberry jam is notoriously hard to make due to its low pectin content. Having added a lemon to my last lot, that didn`t work very well, but the results make great pouring sauce on icecream.


The weather is wonderful....breakfasts outdoors, yoga in the garden, first harvested vegetables
and sweetpeas galore.

On the very evening we arrived home from Ithaca, I was out in the garden checking my two rows.
I had my first mammoth picking the next day.


The house was bathed in perfume, with vases in every room.

 
Here are some of my varieties.....no names...... sorry.























Thank goodness the mice didn`t eat them all.


5 comments:

  1. Oh those sweetpeas are just delightful, such pretty little blooms x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne put some in the little house on Friday. The perfume will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet peas. A family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the deep purple sweet pea best but they all look lovely in the mixed bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only sorry that they are getting shorter every day. Must research how I can keep the stems long. They will not win any prizes!

      Delete