Blog Archive

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Happy Accidents

As I look round the garden, I realize that many of the 
 combinations are happy accidents.
When plants seed themselves we tend to let them do their own thing, even if its in the middle of the veggie patch or the path.
Take these poppies...

 .....when I planted the sweetpeas I noticed the poppy seedlings coming up. I left them there and I`m so glad I did. 
They are stunning.


I,ve tied them back several times already as I don`t want the sweetpeas shaded.

It is also a happy accident that the bean bed is almost totally surrounded by daisies which have just seeded themselves.
And here are some more daisies, doing their own thing.
These daisies have paired up with roses.
I don`t remember putting them together.
Now she is NOT an accident ....she is our latest scarecrow.
I`ve given her a benign look as I don`t want anyone to be frightened, especially Rabbit Dave when he walks through the garden at night. 
 The crops at the moment are ....
....asparagus....
and lettuce "Salad Bowl" from which we can just pick leaves.
The radishes are from our garden at home.

Here are a few of our crops romping away.
Potatoes.
Sweetcorn.
And flowering plants that are looking good ....
.....love in a mist.....
....sunflowers....
(Let`s hope the sheep don`t get in this year.)

....roses....
.....waterlilies....




....cornflowers and love in a mist......
......foxgloves.
Here is the rose I moved from home in the autumn, flowering for the first time.
 And finally this small daisy going wild in the fairy garden.
It reminds me of Great Dixter.
I am glad to be back on blogger after an unplanned break.
I changed my phone and this has caused a few problems.
All back to normal now.



























2 comments: