Blog Archive

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Coats of Many Colours

Not long after the first lock-down, many people in our village began knitting squares to be made up into dressing gowns for the WI for charity. I began knitting.


If I`m honest I would admit to being a bit bored quite quickly and had many other projects I wanted to do.

I saved some squares for WI and made a blanket with some others.



 



Later in the year when we were able to have the village coffee mornings, albeit socially distanced, Heather brought piles and piles of squares knitted by villagers and invited people to crochet them together.

From the massive pile I chose my own colour palette and made a coat.





It was thick, heavy and warm.

In the meantime I made another knee blanket for a friend in subdued pastel colours.

 



During the next lock-down Heather asked me to make another one. She left another 112 squares on the doorstep.

I made up another coat. The colours were random but I tried to make a darker border. 



Heather tells me she has lots more squares since this second lock-down. Doreen has made 80.

So another 112 will be dropped on my doorstep soon thanks to the Pett knitters.

Oh and I`m making another knee blanket.
 

So much for being bored with knitting squares.







2 comments:

  1. I love the dark bordered one, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And those squares were totally random, amazingly.

    ReplyDelete