Blog Archive

Friday 18 December 2020

Snapless Crackers

 Whether we do spend any days over Christmas with family, still hangs in the balance. 

But one way or another, they will have a cracker.

I am never impressed by bought crackers with their cheap plastic contents and hats that tear or don't fit.

So I've made my own.

I understand that not everyone has the junk hanging around that I seem to accumulate, but this is how I made them.

You need:

toilet  paper towel rolls

tissue paper

Christmas ribbon

tags

glittery wool

jokes

tiny gifts (secret for now)




I used two layers of tissue on a flat surface, making sure it was longer than the rolls 

and then cut two toilet rolls like this ...

I actually used glue stick to hold it in place and left spaces to tie the ends.

Pop jokes (plenty on-line) home-made tissue paper crowns (mine are adjustable with glue dots to fit to size) tiny presents, sweets and anything else that fits in.

Then roll it up.

Use glittery wool to tie the ends which stops everything falling out.

I used selotape to hold edges in place. 

I wrapped Christmas wired ribbon around and decorated  with foam stickers.

Because the contents are specific I put name tags on.

I think they look a bit more interesting than shop- bought ones and of course I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

One difference is that there are no snaps, though these can be bought on-line. When we pull the crackers, we are going to ring some jingle bells. (It could be a drum.)


I can't wait to see if they "pull" easily which is why I used thinner tissue paper.

2 comments:

  1. They’re great! Jamie buys presents for 6 special crackers each year, so I get a surprise each time 😊

    ReplyDelete