Blog Archive

Friday 11 December 2020

Pops of Colour and Warm Hats

 It was a bit of a cold grey day on our last visit to the garden. More layers needed and warm hats.

Steve mended the end of the raised bed so I raked down the herb garden



and repositioned the moss covered bricks. I made the individual sections a bit bigger.

I weeded quite a bit more of the long path. Nearly there now.


I am on the 2nd to last flowerbed.


I might even finish before Christmas which would be great.

The pond is very full with blanket weed blooming every time we visit. Steve keeps fishing it out.

In the foreground winter flowering honeysuckle.

The painted flowers add that welcome pop of colour at this time of the year.



Clary and corncockle have seeded themselves across the beds. I can't bear to pull them out.

Likewise the glorious poppies are everywhere.
Most beds have been manured now.
And there were even flowers to pick.


The end of the year is coming up pretty quickly and still lots I want to do at the garden.
Fingers crossed for some good days.



  

3 comments:

  1. Well done, you two! Always nice to see lots of self seeding for next year, gardens have been so important during the misery of COVID19!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for achieving anything at this time of year. I really think I should hibernate (though I’d wake up for a few days over Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen one of mine that you like? I didn't think I'd put a photo on here.

    ReplyDelete