Blog Archive

Saturday 20 April 2013

Camellias and Castles


It has been a really lovely day with warm sunshine and family celebrations.
We spent the morning at the garden and were there by 9.30. Wow.
Anne had cut the grass and it looked great. I used the cuttings round the base of the 
raspberries and blackcurrants as a mulch.


The dahlia bed was uncovered .....in the 
bottom right hand corner.















As we worked, at least three groups of young people came through the farm, all intent on their map-reading skills as part of their Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme. Some were a bit worried about the path that led past the horses but I hope they all got to their destinations safely. They are camping out tonight so good luck and hope it`s not too cold.


I noticed that the poppies have seeded themselves. 

I am wondering what had a go at the rhubarb leaves .....they are poisonous.

Here are a few crafts in the Wool Barn.



In our own garden the camellias are making up for lost time.
This is "Contessa Lavinia Maggi."


This is "Waterlily."















At lunchtime some of the family met up at Bodiam Castle to celebrate 
my brother`s birthday with a picnic.
Bodiam Castle is a great place to visit especially for those of you who will be camping at Freshwinds.
It`s about 13 miles with a lovely drive through wildflower filled lanes.
It is in a stunning location and there were lots of people enjoying it today.
We had a great time.


Finally I spent an hour in my greenhouse, still well insulated against late frosts. My brother, James came to collect some plugs, which are part of his birthday present, so I had some 
SPARE SPACE.
I soon filled it up. Ha ha.

2 comments:

  1. So lovely to see warm blue sky!! Your over-flowing greenhouse is fabulous.
    Happy Birthday to Jamie (and I hear congratulations too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Belinda. I will pass the message on. Glad you had a lovely day at your plot.

    ReplyDelete